I received an early, surprise Christmas present this year.
My Surprise Christmas Gift is Only Half Full
It’s half full. I will not know for sure what it will look like until Dec. 31.
Here’s what happened. One family wanted to honor their late father’s memory with an unusual gift. So, they decided to give $10,000 as a Holiday Challenge Grant to support how Radiant Health serves 10,000 people each year.
No fanfare. No press releases. They just wanted to give and hope others would give knowing their gift would be doubled. Two other families heard about the first family’s generosity. So, one family gave another $10,000. Another family added $5,000.
So, now you know my Christmas gift.
We have $25,000 to help us raise a total of $50,000 or more by Dec. 31. Along with other grants and resources we receive all year long, you will help us successfully meet the needs of the nearly 10,000 people we serve each year as we conclude 2015. So far this year:
- YOU have provided 2,884 safe nights of sleep to families seeking shelter
- YOU have allowed us to touch many lives in the schools and improve understanding of healthy relationships by 75%
- YOU have provided critical counseling services for those traumatized by abuse and they have consistently improved with treatment moving on to lead productive, healthy lives
- YOU have enabled us to help thousands of children and families in 14 counties with our services
- YOU have assisted in keeping more than 100 different families engaged in early childhood education and parent education in the home
- YOU have championed children when it seemed no one would
We are so proud and thankful for what you have helped us to accomplish. Please help us finish the year strong by making your year-end gift to Radiant Health today … or at least no later than Dec. 31.
Remember whatever size gift you can share before Dec. 31, we can double it – up to $25,000. So, you can give online immediately by clicking here. Or mail us your gift or drop by with your check to 101 S. Washington St., Marion, IN 46952. If you have questions, please call Marlene Minor at 765.662.9971, ext. 103.
I will write to you next month and let you know how we did in delivering help and hope to families throughout the 14 counties we serve – thanks to your assistance.