What is a Good Man? A Good Man is someone who will SHOW UP, STAND UP, and SPEAK UP in the lives of his family, his work and his community.
Domestic Violence is not “Just a Women’s Issue”
He is a man of strength, character and action. We need your help to create a community where all men and boys are loving and respectful and all women and children are valued and safe. We are asking you to STAND UP with Radiant Health by nominating your GOOD MAN and adding his name to a growing list of men of character who define masculinity by encompassing a strength that respects, protects and defends women and children from violence.
Here are a few stats I hope will motivate you to make a commitment to 100 Good Men:
- An adult female is beaten every 15 seconds in the US.
- Women who leave their abusers are at 75% greater risk of being killed than those who stay.
- 1 in 5 young women will be a victim of sexual assault while they are in college.
- 1 in 9 teenage girls will be forced to have sex.
- 1 in 10 teens will be hurt on purpose by someone they are dating.
- 1 in 6 men will experience abusive sexual experiences before the age of 18.
- Last year, over 200 individuals came to Hands of Hope for help in Grant County.
- 90% of systematic, persistent and injurious violence is perpetrated by men. (Source: National Institute of Justice)
Domestic violence is not “just a women’s issue”—it’s a human issue. I believe the Good Men of our communities can rise up and help raise our daughters to be strong and our sons to be true men of character. I also believe we, as a community, can focus on Good Men to raise the resources needed to help protect victims of violence by supporting the Hands of Hope Flannery Keal Shelter, counseling, personal protection orders and other support needed by those who courageously seek a better life for their families.
I am asking you to take a public stand against domestic violence and sexual assault by joining Radiant Health’s 100 Good Men Campaign by nominating your Good Man or Men and making a donation of $100 or more. We also challenge you to post your involvement in the 100 Good Men Campaign on social media sites and/or pass this letter along to other men of character and their families. Voicing your support will help break the silence that keeps this issue underground and demonstrates to others your support of an important movement.
All proceeds raised in the 100 Good Men Campaign will provide life-saving services to victims of violence. It will also help to provide risk reduction and prevention training for adults and children in our community. All services provided through Hands of Hope are offered free of charge to survivors.
Join us as we honor the Good Men of our community and continue to strive toward a future that is free of domestic violence. Nominate your Good Man TODAY.